- Karol and I are still cute (according to the random lady at Pride that told us so)
- As I have gotten older, I feel that every gay pride I go to is more and more of a shit show. I mean really, why is this ok?
- Buckets are good for many things...including being used to sell overpriced drinks to unsuspecting ladies such as myself.
- Drag Queens that perform outside at 2pm in the sun on grass in heels are my heroes (or heroines...I'm not sure)
- The older I get the tackier I think wearing rainbow paraphernalia is...I KNOW I never did. Karol may have, but very subtly (think a rainbow ring).Nothing like this.
- Just because you put black tape over your nipples doesn't mean you aren't naked as a jay bird in front of thousands of people. (I was kind enough to black out her face...but she really didn't care about being photographed)
- Apparently smoking weed outside at a festival is all the rage...and people don't seem to care if you see them doing it or if there are little kids around. I don't care if ppl smoke...but don't be like that.
- Abandoned shopping carts can be turned on their side so that short people can see the stage from the back of the crowd.
Those are the things I have learned from this year's pride.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Oh Gay Pride
So Karol and I (and my si-star in law) went to Gay Pride this weekend in Baltimore. After a weekend of gay I have come to a number of conclusions that I feel need to be shared with others so that they can comment on them: